Do You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur?
Is there an entrepreneur in you?
Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur, takes risks, start your own business and fulfill your dreams of financial independence and be your own boss?
What is an entrepreneur? Well, the word itself came from late 19th century France as “entreprendre”, which means “somebody who undertakes”.
So, an entrepreneur is one who takes risks, or as Encarta defines it, a risk-taking businessperson, somebody who initiates or finances new commercial enterprises.
Are entrepreneurs born or made?
Is entrepreneurship a gift, a talent, or can be developed? Read what the famous entrepreneurs have to say about entrepreneurship.
The entrepreneur is our visionary, the creator in each of us. We’re born with that quality and it defines our lives as we respond to what we see, hear, feel, and experience. It is developed, nurtured, and given space to flourish or is squelched, thwarted, without air or stimulation, and dies. – Michael Gerber, best-selling author of business strategy books and entrepreneur.
Most new jobs won’t come from our biggest employers. They will come from our smallest. We’ve got to do everything we can to make entrepreneurial dreams a reality. – Ross Perot, famous businessman and entrepreneur
Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that’s exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking. – Anita Roddick, founder of Body Shop chain of stores
I did something that challenged the banking world. Conventional banks look for the rich; we look for the absolutely poor. All people are entrepreneurs, but many don’t have the opportunity to find that out. – Muhammad Yunus, founder of Grameen Bank and Nobel Peace Prize awardee.
It appears, then, that entrepreneurs are made, and not born. Entrepreneurship knowledge, skills and attitudes can be learned, developed and nurtured.
Do you have the qualities to become an Entrepreneur?
Some years ago, the United States Minority Business Development Agency has made a research and identified the character traits of men and women who have a streak of entrepreneurship in them, as follows:
1. Driven by passion and the desire to get wealthy and the associated social recognitions. Cherishing accomplishments.
2. Strong qualities of leadership: An entrepreneur takes it upon him/herself the work needed to get the job done. Prepared to work endlessly so that the problem is solved. Adapts to changes effortlessly.
3. Sufficiently self-motivated and can motivate others. Passionate, ethical and driven by honesty.
4. Willingness to take risks and innovate while being unafraid of mistakes. Will not sit back repenting a mistake; goes ahead with rectifying it.
5. Ready to sacrifice, thus making a difference to others.
6. Willing to seek professional advice and has the requisite interpersonal skills.
Many would-be entrepreneurs sometimes ask if going to graduate school and earning an MBA degree is necessary to be an entrepreneur. Having an MBA degree helps, especially in strategic management, but you don’t have to have an MBA to be a successful entrepreneur.
However, if a you want to take an MBA, one practical way is to study online, like in the Gannon University online MBA program and get started without missing a beat at work.
Time to make your dreams come true
Now that you know that entrepreneurs are made, and not born, do you have with you the qualities to become an entrepreneur?
If you have, is it not about time to make your dreams come true by becoming an entrepreneur?
- Lime Review | Independent Expert Analysis » Commercial Kitchen Equipment ? A Few Tips
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur? | Business Sphere « Entrepreneurialisms
- Do You Have What It Takes To Be An Entrepreneur? | Business Sphere | Deferred Life is The New Teaser Plan