The health products industry, particularly skin care products, is a huge one, with millions of items shipped around the world daily. This makes it important for their packaging to be strong, durable, and environment-friendly. The invention of sustainable packaging such as roll packaging cradles brings more options to the table. Here are some possible options that can be considered:
- Recyclable High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE): Recyclable HDPE is made from both factory and consumer wastes. It is a recyclable plastic and is durable for several recycling rounds. One advantage of using HDPE is that it requires less energy for recycling than most other types of materials. There are other examples of sustainable plastics made from biomaterials like polylactic acid (PLA), polyglycolic acid (PGA), cellulose-based plastic, etc.
- Paper fiber cushions: As skincare products are fragile, they require cushioning during transportation. Instead of using non-degradable plastic cushions, recyclable paper made from cardboard, newspapers, and other acid-free papers can be converted into corrugated fiber cushions to protect bottles during transportation.
- Glass and aluminum containers: Glass and aluminum are fully recyclable either for use in the same industry or in making some other useful industrial and household items. They also do not contain harmful chemicals that affect the environment. And although the major challenge in using glass or aluminum containers is the need for a pump, it can be worked around by using recyclable plastic.
- Printing label ink: Label inks are important in sustainable packaging. One idea is to use soy ink, which is biodegradable and yet lasts long on packages. Other types of ink that can be used are rapeseed and sunseed oil.
- Roll packaging cradles: These are recyclable fiber packages that are used primarily for packing rolls. However, the fiber can be recycled into making packages for skincare products to keep them safe. Roll packaging cradles can also be used for cylindrical products of various sizes.
- Wood-based plastic: There is also a new plastic design made from wood fibers. This type of plastic is recyclable, strong, and lasts through more recycling processes than others. This makes it a great option for skincare products to be packed and shipped in or used for shopping items.
The use of sustainable packaging reduces our overall environmental footprint; more industries are embracing this by investing in packages that are not only environmentally-friendly but also meet the rigorous demand for transportation and storage.