Life is unpredictable – one should always be prepared for damage control. Even if you’re adept at road safety, others on the road aren’t. You’re also not immune to theft or destructive weather events. Car insurance, in a way, is damage control for unforeseen conditions.
In Sydney, and in fact all other Australian states and territories, everyone who registers a car must get at least third party car insurance (CTP), though one should opt for a more thorough coverage scheme. CTP insurance will protect you by covering compensation for anyone you injure or worse in an accident.
However, it doesn’t compete with comprehensive car insurance, which covers a wide range of accidental damage and theft.
Why is it good to have fuller car insurance?
Below mentioned are some of the most important reasons why comprehensive car insurance is always a smart choice in addition to CTP.
- Stress-less money management. Without insurance, there could be a crazy amount of financial claims that a person has to deal with. It is always good to have an insurance plan which will cover the financial aspect in case of any trouble.
- Having insurance can save you a great deal of trouble. Everyone should seriously consider opting for the best car insurance for their cars, as life is unpredictable and it’s better to be covered for almost everything. That’s why comprehensive car insurance and CTP complement each other beautifully.
- Natural calamity coverage. CTP does not cover damage to your car in case of a natural disaster or bad weather event (e.g. hail storm, flood), whereas good comprehensive car insurance does.
- In cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, etc, there’s a constant hustle-bustle of reaching places, so a high chance of being involved in an accident. Having much fuller insurance coverage to work together with CTP is ideal for busy centres as well as highway driving and navigating country roads that need work. You really want to be financially covered in case of an emergency, right?.
- Another reason to choose comprehensive insurance along with CTP insurance is theft. In Australia, a car Is stolen every 12 minutes. If this happens to you, you will be covered.
You cannot put a price on being worry-free of the costs you might incur because of an accident, however plenty of comprehensive car insurance is affordable. If you are someone who is living in Sydney and just got a new car, then it is a good time for you to register for an insurance plan. So too wherever you live in Australia!
In the 21st century, signing up for car insurance has become a hassle-free process. Just type in some simple words on google like “car insurance Australia“; it will give you search results of multiple insurance organisations. So do your research, make a list of your needs that your insurance should provide, and then take up a coverage plan – it’s that easy!
Being a consumer gives you the freedom of choosing what’s best for you from a wide array of products. These days there are numerous insurance providers on the market and one should always compare car insurance before making any decisions as it can save you thousands of dollars in case of an accident.